HAve you had a cat spray? How do you get rid of that horrible smell?

I am watching by DH aunts cat while she is in the process of moving to NJ and it could be months or year until she gets a permeant place (her dh lives there already but they are moving to a house) It sprayed and my whole din smells horrible I sprayed 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water solution all over the carpet don't know exactly where it did it. Shampooed my futon and used a black light over the whole room but can't find it. Any Idea's on ridding my din of this smell? Yankee Candles don't even mask it or my plug in.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pets

• Urine Gone works!!! I found it at lowes for $20 and it comes with a black light for finding spots.
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 10:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• First i will say. Make the cat be in only one part of the house. That you can close off and it can only damage that room. Like a kitchen.  My do is 15 years old. I had to ban him to the kitchen. His bladder is week now days. Easier to clean it off of tile then carpet.

You probably will have to replace the carpet. The piss is probably in the carpet pad. try a professional carpet cleaner first

Answer by louise2 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Put that thing outside
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The smell is almost impossible to get rid of. Is the cat fixed? They don't spay at all or as much if they are fixed
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 10:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Good luck! We had to get rid of all my rugs when my cat got older and started having accidents in the house. I had a professional rug cleaner come, but it didn't do anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i knew where the cats were spraying which is odd since both fixed and we had to cut that part of the carpet out. good thing never one ever sees the loft of our house.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• This cat is fixed and I am a renter so cutting up the carpet is not a choice any other ideas
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 9:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009