Are the wrong people afraid today?

talking with some friends and older folk, the subject came up that the wrong people are afraid today. the older folks said " in my day, criminals and thieves were always afraid of being caught or going to jail. now, they are not afraid" the consensus was that normal people in everyday lives are afraid on a daily basis.
They cited, flu, illness in general, identity theft, house invasions, white collar crime and thefts from retirement accounts, disgruntled coworkers, crazy neighbors, road rage.
Do you feel the same?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 9:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We generally plan for the worst, and hope for the best. Having what we need definitely helps when it comes to things like the economy. Being well armed takes care of the rest. We are doing exactly what we've wanted and planned for with our lives at this point. It took a long time to get to this point, but we haven't cheated anyone or taken from anyone to get here.

Mancosmamma, I'm with you. Out in the country is the BEST place to be! I do pay attention to the cities though, because if the food runs out I want to be ready. Hordes of hungry people turn dangerous in about two days ... and they swarm.

Bad things happen, but everyone has the capability to lessen the impact. It just depends on one's priorities. People who expect someone else to pick up the pieces may well find themselves wanting desperately later. It's not like the gubmint is known for efficiency OR capability. We're not afraid, we're prepared!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Yes, people are a little paranoid these days over everything.

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am afraid the economy is going to crash constantly.
    Yes, t agree.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• "in my day, criminals and thieves were always afraid of being caught or going to jail. now, they are not afraid"

Not only are the best criminals not afraid, they are in power in Washington.

And if regular folks are afraid, it is because of  media manipulation.Turn off the idiot tube!

Fear, it's what's for breakfast..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• "I am afraid the economy is going to crash constantly"

If you investigate you will find it almost did a while back, so your fear here is well- founded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• In the city I used to live in, I had to constantly be cautious and on guard. Everyday I had to remember to lock my house and my car, worry about the house getting robbed and my car getting stolen. I had to worry about drunk drivers on the street, drive-by shootings, and personal safety. I really didn't think about it, everyone was worried about those same things.

I now live someplace where I haven't locked my house in seven years; heck I don't even have keys to the door! If I hear gunshots, it's a hunter, not a drive-by. My biggest worry is whether the raccoons will get in the dog food. It's amazing how wonderful that feels. I never want to live in the city again.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• PPL are more darling and living on the edge, like there will be no tomorrow. Do whatever makes you happy and sh*t on social rules of society.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Interesting perspective....I would have to agree
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think so. People are afraid of the Government and think of our President and Congress as our rulers and being more powerful than us. The Government should be afriad of its citizens and work to do what we want them to do. The citizens are supposed to be more powerful and have more say than they do. I don't know when it got turned around but it is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Agree!

Answer by older at 10:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2009