Low Sex drive?

My husband and I have been together for six years. We have a 15 month old baby boy, who is the love of my life. For almost the past year or maybe even two my sex drive has been shot. I love my husband and find him extremely sexy, but I am just not into sex anymore. Could it be my estrogen levels? I am only 30 years old and dont understand what is going on. Someone said to take ginseng herb? Has anyone my age ever experienced this and if so what did you do???? Any advice would be great! FYI my sex drive use to be through the ROOF!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that's a normal thing alot of people go through after having children. I was always a sex kitten right up until having my now 4.5yo ds. I decided to do something about it after I turned 23. I tried a few things with no real luck, but what did work is having sex every day for a month (some days I really had to force myself, others were easier). By the time the month was up- I went to go to bed on that first day "off" and couldn't sleep because I was so incredibly horney! It took months before the I got to a more manageable sex life (we're now a most nights of the week couple- in extremely stressful or sick times 2x a week, but thats about the worst it gets). I plan on doing the same thing again once this pregnancy is done and I"ve healed up a bit.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• WOW irishmomma every day for a month! I might try this--I'm young 27 and I dont' have a sex drive at all ...I hope someone posts more info on the ginsing thing mentioned
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I also have no sex drive. NONE, I am 26.
    Everyday for a month would not work with his job. He would never agree to it anyway.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It was quite the undertaking, I must admit, but its been worth it. Its been more than 2 years now and we're still doing just fine off of that. I have a hard time after I have a baby getting so that sex is anywhere near a priority, but every day for a month works.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• irish-- that sounds like a book i read. "Just Do It".. but they did it for 100 days straight.

i'm in teh same position. my sex drive is really low. but i cant do the every day for a month since i only see my SO once a week. bleh
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 2:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2009