A Christmas wish for my lil one

I am a struggling mom... I am struggling for a job and daycare and I am afraid my son won't even have diapers for Christmas! The father is very selfish and just got done having his baby! All 3 of his kids aren't even a year apart. He doesn't talk to us cause of his new babys mother! So I am on my own... I can't afford all the drama on top of getting a new job and daycare! I just want my sons first holiday to be special! Sorry I just need to express myself... I come to the library a lot to spend time with him and come on cafemom... If you can give me your happy, funny, or sad Christmas story I will appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• I think there is a group on here to help families with Christmas. I'm sorry I do not know the name. Please do a search. SS mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Ok so one year when i first had my son. He was about 5 months and i was 18. i was so broke. I had no furniture NOTHING. My freind came to my apt to wrap her kids presents. I used xmas wrapping paper to cut out a shape of a tree and tape it on the wall. I bought some dollor lights and taped them to it and used one of his toys shaped as a star and taped it to the top. He was a baby and HE LOVED that tree!!!. I didnt have money to buy him anything. i bought him a elmo that was $10. he was a baby he didnt know any better. I fed him turkey baby food and we spent xmas together alone. I felt like crap but NOW he doesnt rem that. I just made it up next year. Until your child is 3 or older you dont have to really worry about xmas. It's more of buying things to satisfy your guilt. Don't worry it will get better. I did it on my own for 2 years before i met my hubby. I didnt have a car. I didnt have anything. I loved my son.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• christmas isnt just about the presents! dont worry yourself! try starting some holiday traditions. crafts and cooking are great and cheap. for holidays i make art with my kids hand and foot prints. we do the same ones every year so we can see how much they have grown. for christmas we make a christmas tree out of hand prints. my mom made christmas cookies with us every year... it is still one of my favorite parts of christmas. i dont have any of the presents i got as a child... they all end up in the trash eventually. the memories are forever.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• That is sad I will see what I can do. GIve your address(no I am not a stalker) and I will take the money my son was gonna use for a christmas box for another kid and send you some diapers.
    IDK whne they will ge tthere id they get to you before dec. you will be lucky. I have 5 kids an dI am supper busy. lol.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You could try to make a wish on wishuponahero.com there is alot of wishes on there and you could ask for christmas cards for him and people sent my kids stickers and we put on a fake tree. And you should try your local church too. Hope everything is best for you. I also have 5 kids and I know we dont have much but I try to at least get them one thing each and we do many crafts and stuff. So keep your head up and hope everything goes well.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 1:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• For Christmas make him his very first Christmas stocking stuff with his name on it. Or find one at a Goodwill thrift store for a buck and put his name on it.  Just fill it with little things.  Hopefully his father will have a heart and put a card stuffer with some money in it.

Anonymous

• I know how it is to struggle. I was a single mom for a while, too. Luckily, while they are young, you can get by without having to spend a whole lot. Get a few stuffed toys from the Dollar Tree or Dollar General, and a few Christmas candies. The dollar tree also has cute Christmas decorations. My dd liked to play with the wrapping paper the most her 1st Christmas- LOL.

Now is the perfect time to start a family tradition- showing your child the true meaning of Christmas- family (even just the 2 of you are a family), faith, friends.

God Bless
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 2:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I assume he is a baby and honestly for the first few years as far as x-mas they don't need alot. SO don't feel bad you are doing the best you can and are struggling and I am so sorry! Have you searched for services to help you? Does your state offer day care assistance? Its hard to be a single mom.....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2009