She copies me, on everything!!!

I don't even know what to do anymore. My husbands brothers GF is so annoying. I can't even take it. She copies me on everything! To make a long story short, I had a baby in Feb 08, which the whole time I was pregnant she was "trapping" her boyfriend in her to try to get pregnant. Well she pretty much got pregnant right when my son was born, had the baby exactly 9 months and 1 day after I had mine. Well, EVERYTHING I chose for my son, she chose for her daughter. Same swing, same bottles, etc. She even had the nerve to SWITCH hospitals just so she could go to the same Gyno/OB as me. We ended up getting into a huge fight over this, because it drives me nuts! She acts like she has no idea what I'm talking about and that she's never copied me....which only makes it worse because at least the woman could aknowledge it!! And this is coming from a girl who will say "oh my god, i hate that" and I'll say "I like it, I think it's cute"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I know what your feeling, but you have to be the bigger person. IGNORE HER! STUPID WAYS.

Then continue what your doing, it will annoy her more if you pretend everything don't bother you, she sounds pathetic, and does not know how to be herself, and just maybe she really does not realize it.

Just trick her, tell her the opposite so she does the opposite of what you do. OH, AND SHE IS VERY, VERY INSECURE. You get the last laugh. I know it is hard, but lately, I have been having to do it, and my 13 year old taught me a better way, don't fight-just smile.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• (Sorry, it wouldn't let me finish.....) and then she'll say "well it's not that bad, I guess I like it too". ANNOYING. Anyway, yesterday she went to toys r us to buy a carseat and then sent me a picture of what it looked like. THE SAME CARSEAT AS MINE!!! I'm so pissed! I see this girl every day and she acts like she thought mine was different and didn't think it was the same. I went through so much to find the right carseat...went back and forth, looked up reviews, etc. I don't even know what to do. My mom tells me not to worry about it, but it bothers me so much. Can someone please give me some advice???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Have you not ever heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Anyway, all of these are things that don't make one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things. I really think you are over reacting to the antics of a girl who probably doesn't have a clue what's she should do. Accept it as a compliment and move on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Is she younger then u? Does she have sisters, friends? She might just look up to you. If she has noone to follow she might just be looking up to you. I wouldnt get so upset. It used to drive me nuts when people copied me. I even had someones wife go and buy my whole living room set up. From my couch to my same pics! It made me so mad. but now i take it as a compliment. Don't get so mad. She is looking up to you and likes your idea's. Your kids are not the same age they are a year apart so dont worry about taht. You must have a pretty good life is she is trying to be happy like you are. Be proud not mad.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I know I am probably overreacting, but I can't help how I feel. It's just eating me up inside and I feel like one day I'll just explode with anger :[ I don't know how to make this situation better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The way to make it better is to look at it diff. Look at it you are doing a good job. Why not want to help someone else do good also. She looks up to you.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• She is a year younger than me, No she really doesn't have a lot of friends. Ugh, I'm so mad I'm actually crying right now. I've just always tried so hard to set myself apart from what everyone else is doing...it's just so hard!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have a friend who does the same things....it bothers me but I try and not let it get to me. I have a hard time taking the annoyance as a compliment but i do some. For the most part i try and keep her out of the loop of what I'm doing. OH and since you have a girl and her a boy--pull the buy everything pink card she can't possible copy that :)
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Lol, thanks but I have the boy. And I do take some of the smaller things as compliments, but to switch hospitals to go to my doctor...buy the same carseat? Really? And she never talks to me about who I think would be a good doctor or what type of bottle I reccommend...I find out way later! And she acts like she has no idea what I'm talking about.....I know, I'm just being a baby. I just wish I wasn't so upset about this. I really do. I'm so freakin mad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Why are you so upset over this? Honestly? It seems like there could be an underlying issue here. She looks up to you! You said yourself she doesn't really have friends. It's a compliment. Maybe you don't like her but she trusts your judgment and she trusts you! You seem like you're really paranoid about this, but then again I'm not in your shoes. Maybe you need to talk to someone about this, like a therapist. I'm not saying that to be rude, I'm just saying that because you seem SO upset about it! There is no need to cry over such a thing.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 10:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009