Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone give me more info on Swine flu????

My dh,myself and kids have something. We are having a cough,runny/stuffy nose and ears,high fevers. We are having cheast pains and pressure,chills. I took my oldest to the doctor right when she had the fever. He looked at her and said it's the croup. That was five days ago. My dh has had this junk for going on four weeks-he is weezing and squeeking. We think he has Phumonia. Our doctor's office is acting like we are radio active. I tried to make an appointment w/my regular doctor but they insist that I see their nurse practioner. I want to see my doctor! Can someone tell me more about swine flu and give me some advice. Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • You all need to go to the closest ER by you and all of you need to get tested, Right away. You can also google Swine flu or H1N1 symptoms. You all don't sound very healthy to me and before you all get worse I think you all need to be tested right away people are dieing everyday from this.


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • You are on the internet, go do some research rather than asking ill informed CafeMom users.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • Why go to the doctor or ER? Tamiflu is the only treatment and it must be given in the first 48 hours of symptoms. If you aren't dehydrated enough to be hospitalized there is no reason to go out and possibly get H1N1 if you don't already have it, get something else, or give whatever you have to other people.

    If your husband has been so sick he can't work for weeks and has a fever for days, a real fever over 102, then he should see a doctor or go to urgent care. If he has just had nose problems for weeks then he may have sinusitis or hay fever from allergies. It's that time of year. He could try over the counter Claritin.

    Answer by Gailll at 11:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • Does it matter what your virus is called?

    Answer by rkoloms at 2:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • H1N1 symptoms are just like the regular flu. If you think your hubby has pneumonia, he needs to go to the ER.

    Answer by ecodani at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • rkoloms,I'm not sure what you mean. I don't know for sure IF it's the H1N1. I am not even positive that it's a virus. I was asking what the symptoms of H1N1 are because ppl are freaking out around here about it and here we are sick.
    I can't believe the sarcasim about us being sick. My dh has more then "Nose problems" I guess I said a lot of stuff in my op than I realized-Gaill!! Thanks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.