MY SON SAYS EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, BUT WHY?

I BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE REASONS WHY HE TAKES A LOVING MOTHER OF 11. WHY WHEN SHE HAS LITTLE ONE WHO NEED THERE MOTHER. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I'M GOING CRAZY. MY COUSIN WHO IS MY BEST FRIEND DIED THIS MORNING OF CANCER. WE JUST FOUND OUT LAST WEEK SHE HAD IT. WHY SO FAST. GOD GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH THIS CLEAN AND SOBER. HOW CAN I BE STRONG FOR HER KIDS, AND MY OWN WHEN I'M FALLING APART MYSELF?

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• You in my prayers as well as all the children.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose someone so close so quickly.

My answer to your question may not make you happy but it is what I truly believe:

God's reasons are his own, and it's not for us to understand. I think that if God's plan could be understood by mere men it wouldn't be divine. Maybe it will be easier to see far down the road, but for now, it's not our place to know why he called your cousin home. Try to take comfort that she is at rest in God's peace.

God bless you and your family as you work to put the pieces back together after such an unexpected tragedy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry for your loss. Keep your faith in God. I am a firm believer that everything does happen for a reason. We may NEVER know the reason, but everything will fall into place. It is going to be a very tough time for you and your family and I am assuming you are in recovery from the way you said "Clean and sober" but if you are not clean and sober you will not be any help to anyone so please do not pick up. Prayers and family will help you get through this. It is okay to be upset yourself and you do not have to be strong for anyone...they will understand you are upset yourself and i don't think anyone would expect you to be strong for them. Just be there for them- even if it's just to cry with them and that will probably mean everything to them. I will pray for you.
    RNmama09

Answer by RNmama09 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have been in the same postion you are in right know please email me today and we can talk one on one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OMG, my childhood friend died, at the age of 41. She also has a 9 year old daughter, who her dad is now raising alone, with the help of her grandmother who is very old.

I also ask why, why did God take my friend, my nephew at 3 days, and my mother at 63-with out a sign and 2 days after Easter. My heart still hurts, and struggles every day-My mom died last year, and my mother in law died a few months after.

The problem is they say there is a reason, but we will probably never know.

Stay strong, clean and sober is the only way. I also believe God only throws out to you, what you can handle.

YOUR COUSIN NEEDS YOU NOW MORE THEN EVER, YOU ARE HER LINK TO RAISING A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER, AND DRINKING WILL ONLY INTERFERE WITH THAT.
    HONEY, YOU ARE STRONGER THEN YOU THINK, TRUST ME.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am very sorry for your loss.

Around the children, let them know that it is alright to sad and cry. Cry with them. Read books like "The 10th Good Thing About Barney" or "The Tale of Freddie the Falling Leaf" with them. Helping them may help you as well. In the quiet moments when you are alone, cry, scream, throw balled up socks. Let your feelings out.

And since you said something about "clean and sober" call your sponsor if you have one. Seek some counseling if you feel yourself slipping. BIG HUGS!!!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• we will never fully understand fully why to all GODs decisions.. just put your faith in him. It was just her time. the best way you can help is be there for the kids as much as possible, everyone in your family should be pulling their resources together money, food, time etc.. for those kids. If you all help out in little ways it can turn into a big help for them, show gods love through your acts.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• RIght now, the best thing you can do is spend time with your family and be there for each other. my aunt passed away of cancer in Feb (it was diganosed in Jan, so she too went fast). It hurts, but you will get through this. I wish I had an answer to why, but no one does. I still ask. But as time passes, you will grow stronger as will her kids. Right now, just love those around you and be there for each other. *hugs*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 1:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

That scripture has gotten me thru the deaths of my aunt, uncle, cousin, mother in law & father in law. God has a divine plan that we as mere humans will never understand. I know it's a shock but it actually could be considered a blessing from God that she went quickly. My cousin suffered for many months and wasted away to nothing before finally losing his battle with colon cancer. My prayers go out to you and your family.
    portercreeksis

Answer by portercreeksis at 2:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2009