Baby Einstein

I have heard mixed thoughts.........what do you ladies think?
My DD is 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i LOVE baby einstein! it's wonderful for background noise and the music is so lovely! a 6 month old might not pay too much attention to it, but it is educational imo!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'm all for classical music - in fact I play CDs of Bach, Mozart, and others all the time; and for a short time every once in a while DVDs are invaluable for keeping my 11 month old busy when nothing else will so I can finish dinner, fold a load of laundry, etc, but I don't think it's a good thing for a baby to learn to watch tv as a habit this early.

Answer by missanc at 11:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• the music, flash cards and books sure. but NOT the videos.

my youngest has seizures and her neurologist said that a leading cause of seizures in small children these days is tv and videos especially the baby einstein ones - the TVs are so much bigger and clearer now than ever before. and the einstein videos are so fast paced and bright that its triggering seizures by overstimulating the brain. when the brain gets overloaded sometimes its effect is a seizure - the neurons go haywire and don't know what to do (kind of like a panic button)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2009