sticky fingers co-worker

well i work in a small resturant .i'm a waitress but its been bout 3weeks first it start'd w/ her not seating me sometimes she did a few or not @all i let it go but a co woker ask'd her if she was skippin n she got all defensive n came to me n said if i had something to say 2 her tell her in her face i tried explainig 2 her that i hadn't said n/e thing cuz i was trying 2 c if it was just coincidince o what. She blow up n said i wasnt to mention her name that i was soonty n all other stuff . Ok now my tables dont leave me tips o i just make 20-30 when she is hosting . Last nite i got proof she does not give me all my tips i showed a co worker n ask'd if i mention'd it 2 the boss what he would do , he said nothing!!!! So i thought mayb i could ask customers 2 leave tip on table n not 2 her explaining y w/out details o stand by register while they cash out but i think that is rude not appropiate but this is my $ what is n/e sugg

kisd

Asked by kisd at 10:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, you are right..it IS your money so don't be afraid to do what you need to do to make sure that you get it. If she calls you snooty or gets in your face again, so be it. At least at the end of the day you will have gotten the money that was yours in the first place.
    1hotcupcake

Answer by 1hotcupcake at 1:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• U R right about being rude to the customers when you direct them about the tip. Nothing to do now but go to the manager (as you should have done before). Don't talk to any of the coworkers. She was there before you and you have no idea if they are trustworthy. Don't let them sway you from talking to the manager. If the manager really does nothing. You need to decide if you want to be treated like a mat at work or you have a better future working somewhere else. I hope to goodness you don't choose the former, girl.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 2:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2009