Should I feed my dd yet?

She's been sick for almost 3 weeks with various viruses and whatnot. She is still coughing with bronchitis and just threw up at school. I went and got her and she threw up 2 times in the van on the way home, we only live 7 min from the school. And once when we got home. Then she slept for an hour. Now she is acting fine and begging to eat.

I'm just wondering if the bronchitis could make her throw up that much. She has thrown up with it before, so I'm not sure. She doesn't have a fever or anything like that and going back to sleep would not be and indication of anything she would have done that regardless of being sick.

My question is can I feed her yet? It's been 3 hours since she threw up.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Health

• I threw up with bronchitis as a kid. She should only have clear liquids - jello, soup broth (nothing like noodles in it), clear juice, 7-up.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• go with a very easy diet, start with bland foods, do you know the brat diet? You can also add a little peanut butter to toast for protein, go slow, and is she coughing hard before she throws up? That may be the cause, or she may have excessive drainage that is making her throw up, but go easy on the food, bland ones should digest easy and hopefully stay, also all the clear liquids or any liquid actually that she wants to drink....hope she feels better soon
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009