should i take her in for a well baby appt?

my dd is 9 weeks should i take her to her appt friday or should i put it off till this flu thing is more under controll?
whats your opinion?

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 11:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why wouldn't you take her in? do you take her to the store? It's a doc office and sure there are sick people there but if you request, they willl put you in a room right away and you can wait until until your child is older and has more vaccines. At least that's what my doc does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't take my 9 week old baby to the store when people are there. I'm not going to the store. If I have to go I will go at 6 am or midnight and if I had to take a 9 week old I would put the baby in a sling to protect the baby.

I would ask for the first appointment of the day.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• take her in... this flu thing will be going on for atleast a few more months... flu season doesnt even start until november. the first few appotments are important for babies, i would bring her in the car seat with a blanket over her the whole time (except when you see the dr!) every year it is some weird flu or another sickness... we cant stay locked up in our homes everytime!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• my pedi does not schedule sick babies at the same time as well babies. maybe you can call and ask them if they offer the same thing.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 12:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't take her to sit in the waiting room with all the germs & sick kids at this point. At 9 weeks I just wouldn't take the chance to have her weighed & measured.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 12:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• sometimes you have to do things. This flu isn't going to pass for a very long time. You will never bring her to the doctors if thats the case. I had to bring my daughter to see all of her specialists, she is 3 but my youngest is only 7 weeks. Well when we arrived there (the drive is 5 hours away). Everyone was wearing masks because of the swine flu breakout.. everyone was sick... now IM sick. Your not going to be able to avoid it for much longer... its going to catch up to everyone at some point. Do what you feel best, maybe waiting a week longer wont hurt things! I sure wish I didn't have to go do these things, but it had to be done! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would take her in - my drs office has a well baby waiting area as well as a separate sitting area for well babies under 12 months. Besides, it's going to be a long flu season - might as well take her in now, it may get worse.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would take her in. My doctor's office also has separate waiting rooms for sick and non sick kids. But then again, I also refuse to hole up like a hermit and have been taking my baby to the mall, Target, grocery shopping, etc, ever since she was a week old. I just don't let anyone touch her. Look but no touching!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009