Can using a vibrator too much ruin sensation?

I use a vibrator sometimes and I notice if I do it too much it gets sort of numb. My DH hates that I do it so I don't do it when he's home.
Can I stay permanently numb from it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I know it's harder and harder for me to achieve orgasm. I just guessed it was due to desensitization from the vibrator.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It won't stay permanently numb, but it does cause desensitization in the short term. I'd suggest using it on the lowest setting possible and to use it sparingly.

http://www.whitelotuseast.com/vibrators.htm

Anonymous

• I've heard that it can make it less sensitive. I don't know about permanent damage, though.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I cannot achieve orgasm with out a vibrator now. It really sucks but when my husband was away for two years while in the Marines I used it daily. My husband is incredible in bed but he cannot get me to orgasm now. I have actually tossed the vibrators I had and hope in time that will change for me. My husband feels like a failure and that makes me very sad. He isn't. He is so sexy too and I am very attracted to him. He is 6'6" tall weights 220 and is solid muscle. He could be a model he also has a 9 inch penis that is very thick. I just wished I had not used the vibrator daily. I love sex so not having it daily sometimes twice a day with him was hard so I used the vibrator. My doctor said in time hopefully it will change he said sometimes it doesn't.
    Anonymous

• Something you can do, if you enjoy sex, but want to avoid losing sensitivity, is try using a dildo. They make some very realistic ones, and there's no vibration to interfere with sensitivity. Also, you can start with the vibrator to get yourself going and then switch to the dildo.
    Anonymous

• when i used to masturbate i couldn't orgasm when i had sex, now ive been with my man for a yr and a half and i can still multiple orgasm even after having a kid 6 months ago. before that it was hard, i do kegels like ALL day
    Anonymous

• thanks for the feedback and the tips.. the dildo suggestion wouldn't work for me though cause the clitoral stimulation is the only things that gets me going at all. I am 38 and have never had an orgasm with anyone or using anything or alone.. or ahhhhh .. yeah, never.
    Anonymous

• What i have read is that your body gets use to the vibrating sensation and that is why you don't get off when your husband is in you......they say to use your fingers more then your vibrator so that way it feels more realistic then a vibrator....
    se_wifenmom_xy

Answer by se_wifenmom_xy at 4:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• If your husband doesn't like it, why don't you respect his wishes? He doesn't do stuff behind your back does he?
    Anonymous