Real Question For Christians...

I know that most of you believe that everyone should be Christian and that those outside the faith are mislead. Which is why I ask this...

I was born and raised Christian, Studied the bible, and great up trying so hard to be a good christian girl. As an adult I tried a number of different Churches and never felt like I fit in. I wanted so much to be a good Christian and did all I could to be so.

But Christianity never felt right for me. I never felt comforted by any of it. Jesus always felt so distant and I felt like I was always on the outside...

I took a world religion class in school and always believed that these people were simply missled. But since I have joined CafeMom I have found a number of people like me. Who just couldn't find their anwers in Jesus, even though they wanted to.

My question is this? What should I do? I want to feel fullfilled and happy with my religious choices, but I'm to afraid of hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am very hesitant to answer this question because if the answer you do not want is given I fear there will be a lot of accusations of bashing.

I will give you one peace of advice, meditate on the Goodness of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you really want more answers join a Christian group or talk to a local priest
    Anonymous

• become buddist
    Anonymous

• Maybe you feel distant from the Lord is possible you haven't given your true focus on God. It is about a relationship, not religion. Maybe you haven't found a church that is right for you. Don't give up hope.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 12:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Follow your heart. Decide what you really believe. Some people just don't believe in god and have other beliefs. You can be spiritual without believing in god or being religious. Or maybe you just haven't found the right church. Not everyone who believes in god goes to church.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 12:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I recommend studying up on the various religions and see if there is one that feels right to you. You'll be much happier knowing the choice was made through research, not picking one out of a sense of guilt.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OP here - I have tried many churches and many Christian denoms (even non-denom). I started going to a UU Church and I really felt like it could be right for me, but after talking to the priest at my moms chruch I'm to scared to go back! He said that UU isn't Christian in the eyes of the lord and I would go to hell if I kept going there... Now I don't know what to do. I pray and pray but feel like I could be talking to the wall! There isn't anyone listening but me!
    Anonymous

• I suggest you discover what exactly you believe regarding heaven and hell and why the prospect of hell is frightening to you. Work form there.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No one really knows what god thinks 100%. Why do you think there are so many different religions? You have to follow YOUR heart. Not your moms, and not her priest. Do what is right for you. If you believe in god then I'm sure you believe that he loves you no matter what. All you can do is what feels best for YOU and no one else
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 12:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i used to go through what you describe here. i spent year after year longing to belong to jesus.never quite feeling like i did.. then.. i came upon a book.. and that book clarified so much for me. it took me a while to stop looking at the laws and start paying attention to the entire book and what it was saying and when i understood my position in this world, God's identity and the joys of paradise and the torment of hell fire... i accepted islam and fully embraced it and have never felt so free and so engaged in my own salvation and in building what i used to hear about so much .. a relationship with God.. but this time I built it on his terms not mine. my answer to you is ask God to guide you and then put into action the means of getting to it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Try a Lutheran or Baptist church and join their Bible study. They both know exactly what they believe. I agree that UU is not really Christian. Plus they are too wishy washy. There are several others that are not really Christian. Mediate on John 3:16. Read the Gospels. Maybe stop trying so hard. Religion is not about the feelings. Sometimes God's answers to prayer is Wait.
    Anonymous