MOMMIES HELP ME!

OK SO IM A 1ST TIME MOM AND MY DAUGHTER IS SICK WITH A STUFFY/RUNNY NOSE. THE DOC SAID THERES NOT MUCH I CAN DO SINCE SHES LITTLE (ONLY A MTH OLD). I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS THINGS I CAN DO OTHER THEN A VAPORIZER WITH NO VICKS AND ASPIRATOR TO SUCK OUT THE BOOGIES. PLEASE HELP. SHE HAS A HARD TIME BREATHING AND I WANT TO HELP HER MORE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the "little noses" saline spray for my babes, it loosens everything so you can actually suck it out. GL!
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I know this sounds realy old fashioned but my grandma says Eucalptus oil
    you can get it at an organic store...it'll be in a little dropper bottle and should be pure eucalyptus
    take a drop and use it like vicks
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• my little girl has the nose issues as well, and the only thing i can add is to put her to sleep in a reclined position, like in the car or bouncer seat or some people will roll up a towel and put it under the mattress. But really there isn't much more you can do.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 12:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Raise the head of her crib - I put the head of my son's on the top setting and then lowered the bottom of it to the 2nd or 3rd setting. Keeps them in a reclined position making it easier for them to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Take her into a bathroom with a hot shower running for awhile. It will break up the mucus. Also try vicks on the bottom of her feet when she sleeps. Old wives tale, but seems to work!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I just got a battery operated nasal aspirator and it is wonderful! My son loves it, shocker! It gets all the gunk out.
    Anonymous