Stay at Home MoMs! Well any moms...your children?

IF you were looking for a nanny/babysitter for your children. WHAT would your prices be? How many children do you have?.. Well i am being hired by this company and..we are payed hourly. 1 child is 11$ an hour... 2 is 13$ an h....rand 3 is 15$ an hour.. and 4 and up is 17$ an hour.. Yes its a little high.. The questions im also wondering is we set up interviews with possible families. What questions would you want to ask the nanny, or what questions would you WANT/expect the nanny to ask you? like for instance,,what type of allergies does your child have if any? or what values do you have?...so on.. what would u ask them? i have 3 years experience as a nanny btw

Butterflykiss15

Asked by Butterflykiss15 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Have you taken any cpr or health classes for emergencies? I would find out if the company has given a drug test and checked their background. I would ask question of the nanny's view on discipline, the type of activities they do with the kids, etc. before I even give any ideas on how I would do things so I can compare without giving them an idea on what I do. I would expect the nanny to ask many things like any health issues, things to watch, things they need help with, what their favorite activities are, what tv programs they can watch if any and how much a day. Even be nice if they would want to know more personal things like the childs favorite colors and foods. Would make think they really wanted to know the child not just do what they need to and leave. I would also want references, personal and past jobs. I would be really really picky!
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would also give situations and find out how the nanny would respond. For example, the kids are fighting; a kid won't eat lunch; biting; etc . ..
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Jrose (PP) has great answers.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2009