Why would a parent allowed a 3rd grader to have fake nails?

I was in my daughter school yesterday, I was talking to one of her friend and I notice that she had fake nails on. Why would you let a 8 years old put that crap on their nails. please do not tell me that is normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• aw, it's fun.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• well if it just the sticky kind whats wrong with that? you know just has a sticky inprint inside the nail to the your nail.. now if they are using FAKE like getting them done or using the glue kind thats wrong they dont need that. but the kids iwatched they let theri 4 year old wear fake ones so idk guess it depends
    Anonymous

• I would let her...just like I would let her put on big clothes and hats to play dress up or blush and lipstick. I think its normal for a little girl to want to look pretty and if she doesnt i think thats not normal.
    Anonymous

• I let my 8 year old do it - once. She used the sticky kind and only wore them for a couple days, until she figured out what a pain it was. She likes painting her fingernails and putting the little nail art stickers and rhinestones on them - she saw the fake ones at the store and asked to try them. It's not like she got a tattoo or something, they came right off.

Answer by missanc at 12:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Of course it is , some are more femenine than others, didn't you ever want to put on nails as a child? I use to make them out of play dough. Nothing wrong with it.

Answer by older at 12:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• like the fake ones with the kits and the glue or stickers thats fine, but the REAL ones uh no thats way too young, im 20 and ive never had em they ruin your nails and my nails are really nice and strong and grow fast
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 12:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My niece is 9 and her mom lets her use the little ones that have sticky stuff instead of glue. They are made for little girls. I think they are cute. If it was a full blown french manicure, that would be a different story.

nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• if it's the kids ones that are sticky to wear around the house sure..to go to a salon and get them heck no.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'm with everyone else. If they are the sticky kind, it's not a big deal.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No big deal.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009