LOL mucus plug question!

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and yesterday when I went to the doctor they told me I was 2cm dialated and half way effaced. They also told me the babys head is very low and the contractions I am experiencing are no longer Braxton Hicks but the real deal. Is it possible that I have lost my mucus plug and not known it or will I know if I haven't?

mommyGarcia09

Asked by mommyGarcia09 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some people lose it and don't know it esp. if you are a flush and go type girl.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It's always been hard for me to miss! It's like a giant wad of snot. You might not be losing any yet...
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 1:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Some people may not notice it, but sometimes it doesn't come out until your ready to pop that baby out! haha, I wouldn't be worried about it. :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• you might not lose your mucus plug. hang in there! at 36 weeks everyday counts toward making baby more ready to face the world :) but also hang in there if you are still pregnant in a month because sometimes babies play tricks like this
    Anonymous