If your water broke on it's own...

how much leakage did you have? How did you know your water broke? I just leaked through my underwear & pants, but IDK if it's just discharge or what. I thought it broke once before and I was wrong so I really don't want to go to the dr. .again just to be disappointed again...

I had my membranes stripped over 24hrs ago and I am 40w+2d

Thanks ladies!

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 1:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine broke in the shower but i thought i felt a little extra liquid on my legs but couldn't be sure so i thought i would just wait and see. then about 15 minutes later when i sat down to eat breakfast, some fluid came out and i stood up and there was a little fluid in my robe. it was probably just a about 3 oz...? that's just a guess though. :) i didn't feel a pop or notice any other way that feeling liquid come out. withing about 2-3 hours i was in intense active labor.

one of the risks of stripping the membranes is premature rupture. there is a good article on it on the cochrane collaboration website.
    Anonymous

• I would go in to have yourself checked. Mine broke when I sat on the bed and then I went to the bathroom and it gushed. If it broke you will continue to leak for a while. Mine felt like a water balloon popped. It was a great relief of pressure as well. I wold def go get checked.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• mm lets see. i was 37 wks. it was 5am i flet some water coming out not much and i was like damm it pee so i chane mu shorts and undewear. ilay down again and again hot wet took me like 2 more of this and then i was maybe my wtaer broke i stood up and look down and nothing so i sat on the toilet and noticed some trinkles. i wnt back and lay donw and out my legs up like they were in sterups. i wa slike yeah am preatty sure my wtaer broke i woke up dh and he looked down there and said yeah either your water broke or your bladder exploded. my leak was so small i took me an hour to figured out it had broken and when i got to the hsopital they werent sure so i was admiited till almost 4 hrs after i arrive
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I had two bags of water. The first broke on its own at home. I got up from bed to use the bathroom and my underwear were much more wet than normal - not like I had peed my pants, though. I wasn't sure if it was my water or not, but after I peed and I went to stand up, stuff was still leaking out. When they broke the second bag at the hospital there was A LOT more water.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I felt like I peed my pants. Call your dr.
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 1:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• mine i heard and felt a pop and had a huge gush come out. after that i didn't leak anymore bc my sons head blocked it from coming out.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Yea after reading these I don't think it broke =(
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2009