What are some store brand products that you like a lot?

I am interested in saving some money by cutting back on national brands at the grocery store. I already buy some store brand stuff but I'm looking to see what other people have tried out and really liked. What is the store brand and product that you would recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I save a lot of money by buying the bags of off brand cereal instead of the name brand. They're good and a lot of them are even MORE fortified w/vitamins and minerals than the big brands.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I like Weis quality Peanut Butter, tastes the same as the others at 1/2 the cost.

Wegman's liquid marinades.

Wegman's brand taco seasoning.
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of those stores, are the regional?
    Anonymous

• We have the following grocery stores here in PA:

Weis Markets
    Wegman's
    Giant Foods
    Boyers
    Scott's
    and of course, Super Wal-Mart.
    Anonymous

• walmart brand milk, bread, pasta, chips
    Anonymous

• I use save-a-lot peanut butter it is made by peter pan. It tastes the same too. Just start experimenting with the generics at the store that you use. You will try it and decide whether you like it or not and whether to buy it again. We use a lot of generics and I only get name brand when it is bogo and I have a coupon otherwise it isn't worth it to me to spend the extra.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree with coala. You will be suprised to find that store brands are canned and manufactured in the very same facilities as name brands. Experiment with the brands at your local store. You will find that most are quite acceptable, but if you run across anything that you do not care for...you will just remember to mark that off the list for the next time.

I use many of the Sav A Lot brands as well. I wish they would sell giant bags of flour, although the regular sized bags are reasonably priced. : )
    Anonymous

• i use great value brand (walmart) for almost everything...heres my list haha: canned veggies & fruits, boxed pastas, boxed potatoes, milk, chips, sour cream, butter, chicken breasts, frozen fries, frozen pizza, frozen hamburger patties, bread, buns, refried beans, etc.

my list of name brand stuff is a lot shorter. i will not buy no-name ranch, pb, ketchup, or mayo. it really is a trial & error type deal. some things save me so much money, but the taste is so off its not worth it. but ive found that as a whole generics are just as good if not better!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I shop at A&P and get lots of their stuff...basic paper products, straws, eye drops, amaze aways (same as Mr. Clean magic erasers), milk, just tried their peanut butter and love it after being a strict Jif girl my whole adult life, I get their syrup, chicken nuggets, canned tomatoes...lots of stuff.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I don't know where you live but check out this store http://www.99only.com/index.htm It is a little piece of heaven!!! At the location nearest to me they have had a package of 4 bell peppers for 99cents, 1/2 gallons of ice cream for 99cents, Eckard Sausage for 99 cents, bag of onions for 99cents, a giant jar of Miracle Whip for 99cents, 10 lb. bag of  potatoes for... you guessed it... 99cents & SO MUCH MORE!!! They vary in what they will have but they are awesome! They have name brands too! Also check out this site http://www.angelfoodministries.com/ It is not welfare or a food bank but they do accept food stamps! Good Luck!!!

sdc9579

Answer by sdc9579 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009