Where do you go to find out about the right books for your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in

• Text books?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• If you're talking about checking the books before your kids read them, I just read the book first. I want to make sure that they are age appropriate, and be ready to answer any questions that might come up. It's fun to read some of the kid books that are out now, and we are working in comprehension so we discuss what the book was about. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're asking...
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• When looking for books to buy for your kids, where do you find recommendations or how do you hear about popular books, age appropriate books, etc.
    Anonymous

• I let my son pick out whatever he likes to read, within reason. I do NOT censor books. I go by what my son is interested in, what his friends have read and recommendations of teachers. Try the website www.readkiddoread.com

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009