Do any of your children have certain times of the day that they get very hyper?

Everyday between 5:00 and 6:00pm my 4yr old gets very hyper and acts up.What can be causing this and what can i do to make him stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids too, late afternoon, same time as you, and also, for whatever reason, right after their bath they go insane! My kids are 4.5 and 2.5...and they feed off of eachother. I'll be watching this post for advice as well...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Every night when I'm attempting to make dinner (5:00 PM) my 7 & 8 year olds act up, fight, don't listen, wind up the toddler. It's very frustrating.
    Anonymous

• When you notice them getting hyper, do something that will tire them out. Have a jumping contest, whoever jumps the best wins. Have a race from the couch to the table. Whoever does it back and forth 5 times the fastest wins. Just make them do something physical to take care of the extra burst of energy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have a 3 month old that does that! He wakes up usually 2 times a night and the second time he wakes up...around 4:30-5am ish, he is always so hyper! Can't stop moving and kicking his legs...its crazy!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• As soon as my boys walk in the door from school..they are wired.

My4Dragonflies

Answer by My4Dragonflies at 3:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My 16 month old gets hyper at 6pm...45 minutes before we begin her bedtime routine!!! It's soooo frustrating!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My 5 yr old is hyper all day...however between 4-5p all 3 of my children get super hyper and ornery.

They are 5, 3, and 21 mths.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• very normal at this time--it's usually from over stimulation from the day-and maybe hunger. I usually try some quiet time. I have found the more I try and wear them out, the worse they become. It's a good time for a little quiet TV time....
    Anonymous