when a baby is sick are they always cranky,fussy?

my daughter temp was at 100.9 then when i checked a few minutes later it was at 101.0. She was laying on me and under the covers so i was wondering was that the reason why her temp spiked. (im going to try again in about 15 min) She is laughing, playing, cooing ect.

ps 4mths old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies retain heat. They say when you are taking a baby's temperature, to get them down to their diaper and wait about 15 min before getting a reading. I've noticed a difference with my little one when I thought she felt warm. I just took off her PJs and let her play outside the covers. She was fine.

If she's acting normal (laughing, playing, and all that), I wouldn't be too concerned.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• That's not really a fever. She is probably fine.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• thanks ladies :)
    Anonymous

• My son has had 4 ear infections and acted completely normal every time. He doesn't always get fussy when he's sick, but that's just him. Your daughter could be fine.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others. Get her down to her diaper and take her temp again. If its 100.4 or above, I was told you are supposed to call the doctor. With the swine flu and regular flu going around, if she still has a temp, I would take her to the doctor. You don't want to wait until she IS showing symptoms to worry about it. That's why so many kids have died... because their parents waited too long to do something about their kid being sick. Its probably nothing though.
    Anonymous