Lentils?

My 17mo was rushed by ambulance yesterday due to a severe allergic reaction. The only thing he ate was less than a teaspoon of lentil soup. He eats everything including every kind of nut and has never had a reaction. I have been looking at lentils being the culprit, but wondered if any of you moms have a child allergic to them. He goes in for tests next Tuesday, but I am just curious. Within 5 minutes his eyes were swollen almost shut, and he was breathing very poorly. He has never been sensitive to anything. Had he not gotten benadryl when he did the paramedic said he would have died.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wouldn't blame the legume family- i would first check to see exactly what was in the soup. if it was canned, homemade, or had added "seasonings"... there could have been any number of culprits.

my nephew reacts that way to banana, tomato, and mushroom.... but has never reacted to a nut- some kids have weird allergies...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009