if i recieve unemployment benifits can i quit my job and still recieve recieve my benifits?

i work for sacramento ca county but i have lost ALL my hours due to possible layoffs. i recently applied for unemployment benifits and was awarded benifits. i only work MAYBE one day a week if that. i want to know that if i quit my job because there is no point in staying there since i dont get enough hours to stay afloat if i can quit my job and STILL keep recieving my unemployment benifits?

2momsandsuave

Asked by 2momsandsuave at 2:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I dont think you can quit and get unemployment.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I know that you would not still receive them in OH. You have to have a good reason for quitting.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 2:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You're already reporting income earned on your bi-weekly form. Depending on HOW you were set up, it could be a problem so talk to EDD before taking any steps.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Ask the Unemployment Office however, I think they may disqualify you for your unemployment if you totally quit your job. In Oregon you can earn up to 1/3 of your benefits without being docked. Be careful
    Anonymous

• Don't think so. And as a gov't employee, they'll catch on quick if you try.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I don't think so. But, From what I read you can work and still get unemployment. You must report it though, they will deduct your work earnings less 25%. Look on page 17 if the EDD Unemployment Benefits Book and you'll see what I mean.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 6:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009