im joining the army!?!

i just want to know once i go talk to my recruiter how long should it take before im on my way to basic

mom2kaydence09

Asked by mom2kaydence09 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know but congratulations on your decision and my heartfelt thanks for your service to our country!! Best of luck to you!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I joined right out of high school. I graduated June 4th and left for basic July 24th. If you don't have any issues or need any waivers you shouldn't have to wait long. I started talking to the recruiters beginning of my senior year so by graduation everything was taken care of. I hope everything works out for you.

oragami

Answer by oragami at 5:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think right now that it depends on the the job that you go in to. Some people may be able to leave right away but some people are waiting for up to a year maybe even more. The military in general is not hurting for people to enlist so they are not in a hurry to get people to training because they are well manned.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009