should my son get the H1N1 shot.?

my son is almost 2.5 years and im not sure if i should give him the shot or not? if you had the shot either you or your kids please tell me how was it and the side effects? please i want to make the right decision for my family. thanks

dianaNbryanMami

Asked by dianaNbryanMami at 2:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I learned today that a family friend was rushed to the ER after getting the vaccine. She is pregnant.

The vaccine isn't proven to work.

There have also been new regulations to de-regulate the vaccine to get it out to more people faster. One of the new rules eliminates restrictions on thimerosal (the mercury based preservative) content. These vaccines with potentially higher doses of mercury are being released on the West Coast.

If you do choose to get this vaccine, request a thimerosal free one.

About 1000 people have died from H1N1. About 13000 die every year for the seasonal flu. Flu death reports don't include statistics about how many of those people were immune compromised or had secondary infections.

Hand-washing and healthy living contribute to wellness.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The thimerisol free shot and mist are the live virus. My 2yr old daughter recieved the live mist on Monday and has no reaction so far. Not even right after she had it.
    I am 19 weeks pregnant and recieved the inactive h1n1 shot 2 weeks ago. I had no adverse reactions what so ever.
    As far as PP fried being rushed to the hospital, I would much rather suffer from some sickness of dehydration due to a raction than actually have Swine Flu.
    I believe every person should get vaccinated becasue Swine is kiiling off ou population. It is sad to see so many ingnorant people NOT getting vaccinated becasue they are the ones causing it to spread.
    Get you kids vaccinated. Remember that a child or adult can experience an adverse reaction from ANY shot, not just the h1n1.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 4:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I just got my 2.5 year old the nasal vaccine yesterday. He has had no reactions to it at all.
    ilvmyboys

Answer by ilvmyboys at 5:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009