You will not believe what my MIL told my son..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She told my son not to call me Mommy anymore. She told him his "real" Mommy was gonna come back some day and he would make her sad if she heard him call me mommy. WTF???? I am the only Mommy he has ever had or known. His "real" mom left him when he was a 1 week old, b.c she "wasn't ready to be mom". I have been his Mommy since he was 1 y/o. He is 8, so for over 7 years I have been in his life and I have never even met her. She signed away her rights to my hubby when he was 8 months old. She is not comming back to him. He knows I did not give birth to him, but I AM his mom in every way that counts. He is still calling me mommy, but why would you want to torment a little kid like that? Should I ban her from my kids?

scout82

Asked by scout82 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG! I would slap a bitch! Not cool at all. I don't think I would allow her to see him for awhile....
    Anonymous

• I would. How scary for your son. What was she thinking??????
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• that was positively evil!
    have you had problems with her in the past? something that would cause her to want to lash out at you? obviously if there were, she would be taking the lowest possible route at doing so.

honestly, if this were my situation, i would have to call it quits- if DH loves his son, he'll see what damage this is doing to him.
    regardless of whether or not you birthed him, you ARE his mom... don't let anyone take that away from you, or more importantly- him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Your husband should talk to his mother about this and make a decision from there.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OMG what a biaaaaaaaatch MIL! I'm sure you are a great mother to him and your husband is probably just as happy with you! You seem to be a better person than his birth mom so why is MIL saying those things. You and husb keep instilling good things and the truth to the boy and he will not be as confused as his grandmother keeps pumping his head with BS!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• That is way the hell out of line and sorry but IMO that *itch would not being seeing him again or only in my presence.

Anonymous

• I would definitely warn her harshly to cut her sh*t out. The only one suffering is your son, and how lucky for him to have such a wonderful person in his life that wanted to step up and be him Mom when the female that gave birth to him didn't want it. Even if your MIL continues, reassure your son that your his real mom no matter what.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 2:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'd stay the hell away from her, but I'd tell her ass off first. How dare she say that!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! That makes me so furious! How did you not soccer punch her in the face???!!! Yes DO NOT let her see your kids anymore! Clearly by that evil, horrible, statement she made to your son, she DOES NOT have your child's best interest at heart. If my MIL EVER said something like that to my son she would never see the light of day again. UGHH I am so mad for you! DO NOT LET HER SEE YOUR KIDS ANYMORE!
    Anonymous

• That is a hateful thing for her to say, especially to a young boy. I would tell just that. I would also tell your hubby and let him know that you aren't comfortable with ur son seeing ur MIL any longer
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009