why does my boyfriend seem so different when he has to go stay with his friends? Is he lying to me or am I just paranoid??

things keep happening and we keep having to be seperated but we're still in a relationship. We just can't live together. This time our power got shut off and he had to go stay with his friend. He was suppost to go to a job interview but I logged on and he was on Myspace!! even though he had to rush off the phone with me over an hour ago to 'get ready'... am I just paranoid or could something be going on? Does he just want to lie to me??

silence68shh

Asked by silence68shh at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• um, maybe he keeps being stupid and you keep getting back with him, he's never going to learn, sounds like he is up to something by the way you describe things, just keep a closer eye on him! why doesn't he go stay with family? why don't you guys stay somewhere TOGETHER when the power gets shut off!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• there's nowhere we can go stay together. My parents won't let him stay here and he doesn't have alot of family. His mom is dead and the rest of his family lives to far away. The only reason he went to stay with this particular friend was because 1) he lives with his mom..doesn't seem like I have to worry
    2) they were suppost to go see about that job today
    3) he had us convinced that all my boyfriend had to do was go up there. That he pretty much has a job.
    4) it's not that far so we can go over and see him since my son doesn't like being away from him for long periods of time.
    silence68shh

Answer by silence68shh at 3:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Looks suspect, like he doesn't truly care about you. Of course, that's a given if he is an intimate (physical) boyfriend but is not already planning the wedding with you. Unless he is your child's father, respect yourself. And enjoy your life with your beloved boy. I have 3 children, am still married, and I have to say that my joy and love for them is far more compelling than my relationship with my husband of 31 years. Your son is plenty for you to fill your life with for the next 12 years or so. Pouring your focus into other relationships will tend to impoverish your life with him. Try Dr.Laura for some reality checks. If this boyfriend IS your child's father, then you want to keep him in your life, and again Dr. Laura has guidance about dealing with difficulties. Good luck!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Do what you think is right for you and the baby! You need to put him first before your b/f. I know he wants to be with his daddy, but if it's not healthy for him, then a short separation might help him realize what he's loosing.
    onespoiledwife

Answer by onespoiledwife at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• sounds like he's pretty immature! especially if he's not talkig about this and hiding stuff, what reason DO you have to trust him if he's acting like that?! I think you have reason to be paranoid just check up on him from time to time. And if he keeps it up comfront him, how would he like it if you acted like this and went to your girlfriends house?
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008