Any new SAHM finding it really hard to sdjust with one pay check? I'm always broke

Any ideas how you save? cut cable?  etccc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We made a budget. Including gas, groceries, everything. There isn't much extra, but we do pay extra on student loans and car payments and our one other loan. That when if an emergency arrises we can pay the min payment and have extra money. We should have money in savings, but want to have things paid off. But a budget is the best thing we did. Then we know we can or can't have something extra. Keep in mind being a SAHM is most likely only temporary and no amount of money is worth this time with your kids, some day they will be out of the house and you'll wish you had an hour with them.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• We get most of our clothes from thrift stores and yard sales. Alot of our food comes from Save A Lot or Aldi's. On the rare occasion that we go out to dinner, we use coupons.I get my cleaning supplies from Dollar Tree or Dollar General.We haven't been on a real vacation in 3 years. Our vacation this year was visiting my family in SC last week, we had fun though! I homeschool, so I don't have to spend money on school clothes or gas driving them back and forth to school, or school lunches or fundraisers, pictures, etc. Most of my curriculum was either given to me, printed up free from the internet, or ordered used from ebay or amazon. Join your local freecycle group and you can get tons of stuff. Whatever you have to do to make it work, it's worth it! You can't put a price on the memory of your baby's first steps, or their first words.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• coupons, resale, and breakfast for dinner once a week. Pancakes, french toast, bacon and eggs...
    Anonymous

• Honey alot of people are broke now a days. Google the word frugal and you can find great tips. I see some great ones already listed here.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2009