Homemade Christmas Gifts?

For those of you crafty Mamas on here who make their own Christmas gifts:
What kinds of things do you make?

I make my own photo calendars, some ornaments and bake. This year I am adding a few other homemade items and was just wondering what others do.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

momrocks1000

Asked by momrocks1000 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Um wow u are a awesome mom I would like some tips. I remember my neighbor taught me how to make a glass ornament. I was feelin sad cause my sister was treated better than me was givin money to go christmas shoppin and got everyone gifts and I had nothin to give... But after I made that one gift for the entire family they gave me compliments and kudos for making it so big and colorful! Lol or maybe just didn't want me to feel bad
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 3:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Cross stitched ornaments, etched glass anything. Sewn and/or cross stitched coasters.
    Anonymous

• For the kids in my family this year, I am making art smocks out of my hubby's old white button shirts. I am painting their own name on it and I already did this for my kids and it looks great!
    I like to make necklaces with a few dangly charms and an initial charm.
    I make my neighbors homemade fudge every year. Have fun!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I made a goal this year to make ALL of my gifts. My mom taught me how to make yo-yos (not the ones with strings, but the ones out of fabric) and I decorated Joann Fabric's tote bags (they're a dollar a piece) with those and buttons using a hot glue gun. I got some plain wooden frames and painted them and also used yo-yos and buttons on them. I am making my niece's fleece blankets that don't require any sewing. You get a yard of two different fabrics, put one atop the other, cut fringes (2" in and about an inch wide) and cut the corners out, tie the fringes together to connect the two fleece pieces and "viola!" you've got a cozy blanket. I also made candle holders using acrylic paint on baby food jars and I am making candles using polymer clay to decorate wine glasses and filling them with champagne colored gel candle wax. I have a million other ideas too if you need more!
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 12:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• well, I usually go to the craft store and buy the wooden ornaments, then I have the kids paint them to give as gifts. We also make the cinnamon/applesauce ornaments. Also this year we have a lot of canned thing (our garden did very well) so I was thinking of doing a gift basket type gift, with jelly, salsa, relish, pickles.... Another thing we did before was the fleece blanket, (as posted above). I also made some pillows one year to go with the blanket! Any baked good is always a good gift...Good Luck and have FUN!
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I recently received knitted/crocheted covered clothes hangers. They were in my favorite colors and done over plastic white hangers. A set of 3 is a really nice gift, especially for sweaters if you live in a cold climate. Enjoy!
    Lauries_Mom

Answer by Lauries_Mom at 12:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2009