I was told I have a 2 percent chance of getting pregnant

So I got my tubes untied in January 2008 and I have been trying to get pregnant. I need help on increasing my chances.

lillove80

Asked by lillove80 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was told I had no chance of getting pregnant. I had a blood pregnancy test before I had surgery and I was pregnant. It wasn't even long enough that I had missed a period.

My marriage ended up not making it. My husband didn't want kids and married me because I couldn't have kids. After we divorced he married a woman who had had a hysterectomy. She never got pregnant.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Your fallopian tubes aren't putting eggs into your uterus. That's how a tubal ligation works. You'll need to talk with your doctor and probably use invitro. The 2% chance is the failure rate of the surgery. If your surgery was done right and healed right, you have a 0% chance. If your scar tissue did not develop properly or your tubes healed back to their pre-surgical state, then you may be able to get pregnant.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My cuzin did the same thing first go to the dr then get check out and ask your obgyn if can use firtil aid for women that what my cuzin did and she bought firtil aid and it helped her and she got pregnant good luck
    Cheerbear33

Answer by Cheerbear33 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You could probably boost your odds to 40-50% by going the IVF route.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009