rash from slobbering??? Help

My three month old just found his hands and has been eating them for a couple weeks and has gotten a nice slobber rash. Can I put anything on it or should I take him to the doctor?

natvitty

Asked by natvitty at 3:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's on his hands not much you can do unless you put those little mitt things on his hands.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Since it's on his hands, it may not hurt to call the doc and see what they say. I say that because no matter what you put on it, chances are it will go in his mouth. Try encouraging him not to put them in his mouth. It may be a good time to introduce a soft rattle!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• is it on his face? cuz my son got one on his face and the dr prescribed some hydrocortisone cream. but i think just keeping it dry and putting vaseline on it to protect it is just as good
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Its on his chin not his hands
    natvitty

Answer by natvitty at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• my son is the goin through the same thing i put vasaline a few times a day it is almost gone
    mommyto2txboys

Answer by mommyto2txboys at 4:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Put a dab of Vaseline on his chin. Not too much though; you don't want him eating it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• lanalin on face and hands. If it's just face, you can do vasaline or aquaphor and rub in well.
    Anonymous

• Ah okay! My doc suggested a small amount of hydrocortisone cream when my little one had a slight rash on her face at 2 months, and it's worked like a charm! But I still think you ought to ask your doc, just in case he/she has a preferred method. Does your pedi have an e-mail exclusively for patients?
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2009