Which brand of bc pill do u use and how much is it?

My iud fell out and they won't replace it for free so i'm trying to go on the pill. Money is very tight and i don't have insurance so we're paying out of pocket. I called the Walmart pharmacy & they said Ortho-tricyclen Lo is $50 a month for generic!! Which birth control pill is cheaper? I have seen commercials saying Yaz is getting lawsuits for such bad side effects. Any help choosing a pill?

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go to ur local health department and they will give u birthcontrol for free
    Anonymous

• Some of my friends in college got free bc for being part of studies at planned parent hood or other doctor's offices. Your health dept will give it to you too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• the health department looks at how much you make and determines how much you can pay. i had a pill that was costing like 27.99 a month if i could only remember the name. also the health department may give you a cheaper price on another IUD. you should call and see what they can do for you
    Azanne

Answer by Azanne at 3:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I used to use Tri-Levlen 28. I was in the military and got it for free so I don't know how much it was.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• try planned parenthood. They will give it to you based on your income. You might want to try that. When I was much younger I was on the pill and it was $6/month for me based in my income, but that was over 10yrs ago. You might want to stick with condoms and save up a little here and there tho and get that IUD replaced. I have one too and its the best thing ever. If your income is too high for low cost pills, the $50/mo you are gonna spend on them will replace your IUD in no time. Call your gyno and price a paraguard IUD as opposed to the meridia (whatever its called) Paraguard IUD is hormone free copper one and is cheaper than the "M" one that has hormones. Parag. is good for 10yrs as opposed to 5 for the "M" one. Look into it. Mine cost me $280 including the office visit. thats 5 1/2 months worth of BC pills.....I have never had a prob w/it and have had it for over 3 yrs now
    ChandaAnna

Answer by ChandaAnna at 11:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2009