What would you do?

I know someone who is crazy in love with her DS's father. He's a good dad, but has hurt her numerous times in the past. He says he loves her and hope it's not too late. I told her to follow her heart, but she is afraid of losing the family members who still dislike him for doing what he did to her. He does have the potential to be a good man to her. Should she wait to see the changes he promises to make?

loving_mom7

Asked by loving_mom7 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd go slow and let him prove himself. Men don't change without major help like from professionals.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It depends on what he did to hurt her, was it physically, mentally, did he cheat on her? really its all about the situation!
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• He cheated.
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Tell her to be very good on her look outs. I would take it extremely slow. no commitments just talking, texting, keep in contact. dates once and awhile. i would tell her not to call him all the time i would let him call her the most and text her the most. or whatever they do. if he calls dont call him RIGHT back give it a good 30-40 minutes and dont let him say he has to go on the phone or hell talk to her later. tell her to keep it short, and dont seem to in liking with him even he shes deeply in love with him she doesnt need to show him all of it yet. let her make the commitment. yet..
    Butterflykiss15

Answer by Butterflykiss15 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Depends on what he did to her. I've never heard of a man who beat his wife and then promised to stop and actually did. If it is something smaller, I would go slow and listen to my gut and my heart. She is the one who knows her man best and if she is willing to stick it out, help him, and give him another chance to hold her family together then so be it but if not, that is her decision. She won't leave him until she is ready. Afterall, she is the one who will feel the most significant ramifications of leaving him.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Actually, Katie, she left him almost 2 yrs ago, but they stayed in contact for the baby. As for goimg slow, I agree 100%. She is a good person and deserves happiness and I will support her, but I just want her to keep a little distance
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2009