Should I consign my daughter's baby clothes?

Obviously, my daughter is ougrowing clothing like a weed. I had plans on saving them in case we have another girl (we're planning more children), but I have BAGS and BAGS and BAGS of baby clothes. And there's no guarantee that we'll have another girl OR that she will be born in roughly the same season (meaning we'd have to buy all new clothes anyway). We're kinda hitting hard times financially, and my baby could really use some new shoes and winter clothes... should I risk having to spend a fortune in baby clothes in the future for some clothing for this winter, or should I spring for some new winter clothes and continue to lug around and store these massive quantities of clothes? We have at least one more moving day to come in our lives... I don't want to keep junk around. These bags are taking up like 20% of my daughter's massive closet space.

Any help?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• SELL IT!! Maybe you keep some of your favorite things that have sentimental value or that you would really love to dress another future daughter one day, but like you said, you could hold onto that for years and not have another girl, or be opposite on seasons anyway. I am planning to do this with a lot of my daughter's things also, I just know I can't save everything for the next couple of years until I have another baby. I also plan to buy new clothes for the next baby second-hand. For my first I wanted everything new but now I have learned what great stuff you can get at a resale shop, that it is all bound to get bodily fluids on it anyway, and so much of it is hardly ever worn that a lot of things are like-new. I say this is a great way to get yourself some extra cash and make some more closet space for the next set of things she outgrows! :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• CRAIGSLIST! :-)
    Anonymous

• You don't think I could get more from the consignment shop?

I also have a $150 stroller that we almost never use. I love it, but the tires went flat on me and I can't find replacement inner tubes. Should I sell that?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009