Should I call my doctor?

I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first, I didn't have any contractions (including braxton hicks) until 2 days before he was born. For the past few weeks I've been having braxton hicks contractions every day but usually just one or two. Today I've had 9 or 10 and it's starting to freak me out. They aren't regular but they seem to be getting more frequent. Is this normal or should I call my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is normal. But if you feel uncomfortable about it then you should call your doctor. Just to ease your mind
    Anonymous

• I would call the doctor- if they aren't concerned you can rest easy and if they are concerned you will be glad to know you acted quickly. The doctor is there to answer questions like this and they probably get lots of calls with worries from mommies-to-be. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2009