How much food should I give my 12 month old?

Now that I am weaning DD off formula, I have no clue how much food I should offer at each meal. She seems to happily eat as much as I offer so I don't want her to overeat but I don't want to give her too little either. I have always prepared my own food for her, so I have no frame of reference in terms of jars of baby food. Are there any good online guides for feeding and nutrition? Thanks!!!

MaijasMom

Asked by MaijasMom at 3:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just started my son off small, just some small portions, and then if he wanted more he would show it, and when he was done he would stop...stopping usually meant he threw his plate off the high chair but none the less he was done... that was the easiest way i found to learn his limits
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Chances are she won't overeat so offer her a little more each time until she pushes the food away.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2009