if Jesus died for our sins, why must we die for our sins as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You die and then your life is judged. God will look at your life and He will judge your sins. He will then punish you. Death is not the punishment, it is just the end of the time He gave you on earth.

If you accept Jesus as your Savior, God will look at you on judgment day and you will have the righteousness of Jesus. It will be as if you never sinned and you will recieve eternal life in heaven. If you reject Jesus as your Savior, you will be punished with eternal damnation. Jesus described it as a place of torment, weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth, fire, eternity without God. That is the punishment for sins. Hell.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The wages of sin is death. Back in the OT God set up a sacrificial system to cover sins, but the blood of animals could never be enough to pay for our sins and take them completely away. God needed a perfect sacrifice. But because we are not perfect He was the only one who could pay our debt. So Jesus came down off His throne in heaven and lived as one of us. He was perfect and without sin, a Lamb without blemish (this is very important).

When He died for the first time we could come into the pressence of God through our faith. His blood covered us and our sins were washed away. Even the patriarchs of the faith could not go to the presence of God when they died but had to wait for Jesus' death in order to go to heaven (Luke 16).

"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins." Hebrews 10:4

cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• "But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God " Hebrews 10:12

"For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." Hebrews 10:14

You really should read the book of Hebrews. It explains how Jesus is the fulfillment of the sacrifical system.

Through one man (Adam) death was brought into the world, but through one Man (our Lord Jesus) the grace of God that brings eternal life (Romans 5). My body will die but I will live on for eternity with my Lord, because I have made Him my Savior and He has washed away my sins.

For more info on death you might like to read the book of Romans.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• We die because of sin. Jesus died for our sins so we may have eternal life.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You must accept the truth that He did die for your sins and that He is the Son of God and the Savior of the World. As long as you are in unbelief you are still in your sin.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Shaneagle777
    You must accept the truth that He did die for your sins and that He is the Son of God and the Savior of the World. As long as you are in unbelief you are still in your sin.

so why must we die?
    Anonymous

• Seems like Jesus' death was in vain; since people are still dying from their sins regardless. What was the whole point? So you don't go to hell if you believe in him?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Actaully sahmamax2 it seems like you didn't read the answers that explained Jesus death. There is a good explanation of why Jesus died and why it was not in vain.

I understand where you are coming from though, to read, digest and understand what is said might question your beliefs and I understand many people are uncomfortable with that.

Why believe? Well I believe in 2+2=4 because it is true not to keep from going to hell. Same concept here.
    Anonymous

• "I understand where you are coming from though, to read, digest and understand what is said might question your beliefs and I understand many people are uncomfortable with that. "

LOL, actually reading all of this only reaffirms my own beliefs....certainly not question them. It makes me question why people believe in such a God thoughconfused

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Romans 6:22 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord 23But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
    For the wages of sin is death- We all sin so we must die because death is our punishment for the sins we commit. If Adam and Eve never brought sin into the world there would be no death
    But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Jesus paid our debts through His death as a perfect sinless man God in human form so that we may be saved and have everlasting life)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2009