help!!!!! I can't do it anymore!!!!

dd is almost 12 weeks old and I'm still the human paci! she won't fall asleep without nursing and if I move her she wakes right back up and wants to nurse again! I put her in her crib today (she was yawning and I had just nursed/ changed her) I rubbed her back- she cried, I patted her butt - she fussed, I jiggled her so she was "bouncing" as if I were holding her and bouncing her that got her quiet. I had to do this for an hour and a half and all I got was a 10 minute nap then I got a 5 min nap (I stopped to clean but she woke up both times) so after an hour and a half of jiggling my arm was tired, ds needed to nap (in the same room) and I just needed a break so I got her up, ds down, and now she and I are on my bed. she nursed and is now passed out. but I can't put her down or she will cry again and she needs sleep! HELP!!!!! what can I do to get her to at least nap in her crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a sling and let her nap in it so you can have your hands free, and can get other things done too. She's so little and needs her mommy near for reassurance. Enjoy it while it lasts. When she turns into a toddler, she'll be much too busy to cuddle with you as much.
    Anonymous

• Yep. A sling and an actual pacifier. You might have to different ones until she finds one she likes.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Does she nap if she is in a swing? Thats what worked with my son...for a while it was the only way i could get him to sleep(he was colic)

Just make sure she is buckled in and its best if it lays back
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• There are a few things you can try: 1) a pacifier since she clearly likes to suck :) There are lots of different kind to choose from so if she rejects one, try another. The soothie brand is what they give in most hospitals because it is shaped similar to a nipple. 2) You can try a sling or wrap so that you have your hands free, but that won't help you get your own much needed rest during the day nor will it teach her to sleep somewhere other than with you. 3) Do you swaddle? she's getting kind of old for that, but my son was the same way and that is the only way he would let me put him down. There are some inexpensive swaddling blankets that you can try - - we used those very successfully with my daughter. My son was a houdini and could get out of anything, but we did eventually find "the miracle blanket" and that worked really well.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• she won't take a paci... only mommy and she hates being swaddled. she kicks and screams til the swaddle comes off then she will stop screaming and play, even if its only on her feet! GGGRRRRR!!!!!! this is so frusterating!!!!
    Anonymous

• I've posted this advice many times on here regarding similar questions. You absolutely need to buy the book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" and you need to start Pantley's method tonight. Order the book off of Amazon and have it over-nighted to you.

To get you started...don't let baby fall asleep on your breast (EVER). If baby is feeding and starts to slow down on their sucking and get drowsy, then gently break the latch with your finger, lay the baby down, keep your hand on her chest until she calms down, then gently remove your hand. If she cries, give it a minute to see if she stops. If she does not stop pick her up and repeat. It takes a lot of repetition, but if you start this gentle Pantley's method at this young age, your baby will learn to sleep her own and learn to fall asleep without your breast.

I've been through what you're going through. Message me if you'd like to talk.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Are you swaddling her? do you have a sling or other carrier?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Oh, and both of my hated to be swaddled too. My pediatrician said if they hate being swaddled, then try swaddling but leaving their hands out. If they don't like having their legs swaddled either, then just don't do it at all.

Both of my babies were BF and they would only take the Soothie pacifier. But, it doesn't form as good of a seal when they suck, so it falls out of their mouth a lot when they sleep and causes even more night wakings and sleepless nights down the road.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Oh my gosh! We had the same DD!! AHHHH! Thriving Mom's advice on breaking the seal and laying baby down, hand to chest and gentle bum pat: GOOD it works! (yay ThrivingMom Go Girl!) and if your squirt is like mine, orally stimulated, I slip the paci right in as I break her hermetical seal on the breast.

Believe me, it gets better. I can feel you fatigue through your note. DD is now 22 weeks old and i still swaddle her arms when she's 'jerky' and can't settle down (just swipe the wings off the SleepSack)

***If your friends offer to hang out with the baby to allow you to sleep: GO NAP***
    lalafreduu

Answer by lalafreduu at 7:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• With my son we layed in bed togeather and I held him untill he fell asleep and he of course had to nurse right befor every nap and bedtime but it was ok with me because it comforted him. The only thing that started getting to me was having to nurse for an hr and a half each time I nursed him, he loved to eat lol but I managed to stick it out till he self weened at 13 months. Try to be more patient and she will come around, remember the first three months are the hardest trust me. You might have to just nap with her sometimes and get work done when dads at home. GL to you
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009