Is this grounds for a custody reversal

Custodial parent and kids live 400 miles away from non custodial parent. Custodial parent is not informing NCP of doctors appts and wont even tell NCP who their doctor is so that NCP can get medical records. The orders from the court state that they have joint legal and custodial parent is supposed to share this info with the NCP...what can be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• get a lawyer and go to the courts...probaly will only make the CP give the info...i wouldnt think that only would get the custody agreement changed.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I never told the non custodial parent all of that crap and still wouldn't. It's part of everyday living and I didn't have time to let the NCP every time I took one to the doctor. I did let him know if it was something serious but unless it was serious, nope. I didn't and wouldn't now. If he had asked who the doctor was I would have told him though but he didn't care. He knew I would take care of all of that. No I don't think it's good enough to get a custody reversal. You can hire an attorney to get the name of the doctor so you can copies of the file if you want.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• NCP...quite complaining and do something. You have the right to acess school, medical, etc. records. If the CP won't tell you, the medical info. in on the school/daycare records.

Too many times, the NCP wants to just complain to look like the "victim".
    Anonymous

• ya, my ex "complained" all the time. But when i ask him to take our kid to doctors appts. he always has an excuse for why he can't. He complains, yet when i give him our kids weekly school work to review, he leaves it setting on the step when he walks out the door, or even says "i'll look at it later" and never does.

Easy to complain when you're not the one doing the parenting 24/7.
    Anonymous

• ARE YOU PICKY OR WHAT??? IF THAT IS THE ONLY THING THERE IS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT--GOOD LORD!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING FOR A CUSTODY REVERSAL TO GET OUT OF PAYING CHILD SUPPORT, BS ABOUT MEDICAL RECORDS----DUH!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Probably not enough to reverse custody. The non custodial parent should be informed of who doctors are, and teachers etc. I always sent notice of appointments and such to my ex, although he didn't really need the information, and never used it. It's not like he planned on coming to doctor appointments, he never even showed up to a teacher's conference, he wasn't going to re-arrange his schedule. So especially since it isn't likely for the NCP to show up to those things when they are 400 miles away, the judge would probably look at it as a waste of his time. I would document everytime you know you don't get information, but all they're likely to do is slap the custodial parent on the wrist and say give the NCP the information, and it will cost everyone time and money in court.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• get on it because usually CP is only trying to rack up huge doctors bills in order to get back at NCP and it really isn't good for the kids to grow up thinking they are constantly sick. Been there done that.
    Anonymous

• PPL HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT SHE IS THE NCP? Did I miss something? If you are doing all this to your ex you need to stop and give them the info. What does it hurt. I don't think unless they can prove neglect that it will be reversed. If you are the NCP then I don't think that it can be reversed by just this alone. You can and should be able to have all the info on the children.
    Anonymous