scary movie during pregnancy?

I want to go watch paranormal activity im 32 weeks pregnant.... I dont want the baby to get scared or anything.. you think it will be okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol
    Anonymous

• it should be fine. ive watched the movie and though it was freaky i didnt get nightmears like it said was quarrenteed lol also scary movies are my thing and watched them all the time.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Hahaha. Well I've heard Paranormal Activity was dumb from several different people so I wouldn't waste your money on that one.
    Anonymous

• my boyfriend wanted me to see it, i'm 38 weeks now, and i am thinking that's a no go. i get scared really easily.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would say that is a judgement call, you are the one who knows your body most. When I was pregnant and tried to watch Silence of the Lambs, I got all tense like I normally would when watching a movie like this, and so would my stomach....big time. It felt very weird and uncomfortable so I stopped watching this type of movie until after I gave birth.
    1hotcupcake

Answer by 1hotcupcake at 4:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• if you're freaked out by "scary" movies- don't see it. if you need an excuse, just tell them that your ob said no. lol. it could work. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Stress hormones get transported directly to the fetus...the only difference is that it last longer in the baby's body than it does in ours. So, the effects are worse for the baby. That's why they say its not good for a pregnant woman to be under a lot of stress.
    Due to this, I would say a scary movie is not a good idea.
    It's just one of the many sacrifices that we'll make as new parents...but its all worth it!
    :-)
    Munchkin09

Answer by Munchkin09 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009