whats going on? could it be contractions?

Last night my lower back felt like it was being stabbed on. today i woke up and my ribs hurt like crazy, or the skin above them idk. BUT its right under my breast i feel like i have a humongous strong bruise on it its on my left side. what is it? im 34 weeks it hurts when i lay down then try to get back up. My back is killing me... along with that part under my breast.

Kaidensmommy009

Asked by Kaidensmommy009 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could it be indigestion? Sometimes when I get bad indigestion, I get really strong almost stabbing pains under my breasts.
    Anonymous

• I could be just your body stretching, maybe your baby dropped and is pulling on muscles.
    Anonymous

• i'm 38 weeks and i have been having all kinds of weird aches and pains since about 34 weeks. i actually went to the ER twice, wondering if it was early labor or something. so far, its hasn't been anything except round ligament pain and pressure from baby dropping. but some people just feel crampy and never have the text book style contractions, so i'd say call your doctor or just go into the ER if you continue to feel concerned, cause even though it may not be anything, it could be you never know. i felt sort of apologetic for going in twice for nothing, but turns out they totally understand cause sooooooo many women come in thinking they are in labor. it's super common, and they'd rather you came in for nothing than not come in and it be serious. :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009