Saw someone elses question and it got me thinking...

My son has 5 teachers plus the bus driver this year. Should I send them each a gift? The three he has the most interaction with? Maybe just send a fruit basket or candy assortment to the classroom? I dont know what to do. Its a special needs classroom so it has a normal HeadStart teacher, a teacher for the school district, a speech teacher, a cognitive therapist and a physical therapist, plus aids who are in and out among all the classes in the school. Trying to plan my budget for the holidays now. What should I do? I feel bad if I do nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• My son is in a special needs class and has his teacher, 2 assitants, a speech therapist, occupational therapist and physical therapist. The only ones I have ever sent gifts for are the main 3. The other I only see at meetings so I don't feel that I know them well enough. I just look for candles, coffee cups, etc thats under $5.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 7:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Coffee cups and things like that. I hit up the dollor store and we made ordaments with the teachers name on it. It's from the heart and CHEAP.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i like the pp idea, but honestly i dont think anyone would mind if it was a homemade card something as simple as that still means alot
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Recently in Parenting magazine, a teacher was talking about gifting the teachers in your child's life. She said they are full up on knick-knack stuff and apples, that while those things are a nice thought, a gift card to a store is really something to get excited over.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'd at least do something small for all of them to let them know they are appreciated. You could do a little more for the main ones. I usually do baked goods or small care packages (chapstick, trial size lotion, and whatever else I find) for all and then send a gift card to the main teacher.
    Anonymous

• "Recently in Parenting magazine, a teacher was talking about gifting the teachers in your child's life. She said they are full up on knick-knack stuff and apples, that while those things are a nice thought, a gift card to a store is really something to get excited over. "

This is SO TRUE! My mom has been teaching for many years and she has tons of apple stuff and Christmas ornaments. She always really appreciated baked goodies or other things that could be used up. Gift cards are also great - even $5 or $10 cards for Sonic or Starbucks.
    Anonymous

• I sell Avon and I always do the
    Just go to www.youravon.com/dhullum click on view ebrochure on the left hand side of the page
    Click on the brochure with Reese Witherspoon on the cover
    Pg 16 has the Chic in Black skin softener for 1.99 these smell great and make good gifts. Just tie a ribbon around the top and attach a card.
    Page 184-185 have the stocking stufffers pages. The Holiday Hand Creams are a great gift for teachers and so are the lip balms. They're on sale 2 for 1.50. You can't beat a gift for $1.50! I usually do a skin softener, hand lotion and lip balm in a little basket or mug and add a little shredded colored paper. Its a great inexpensive gift. If you buy them go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and make sure to use coupon code FSANY for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would give the fave teacher a little gift, the rest should at least maybe get a Christmas Card.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My dd is a teacher and gets enough stuff. Even another coffee cup is just to much. A nice homemade card makes her happiest. Especially if it shows a skill the child has learned in class.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could make each of them one of those Cookie in a Jar gifts. That wouldn't be too expensive and everyone seems to like them.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009