When Did you Start Your Cycle?

I had my daughter on August 5th and I am currently brestfeeding. I was wondering how long after the birth of your child did you start getting your monthy VISIT again????

lilangel_4206

Asked by lilangel_4206 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd was 17 mths when I started, and my ds was 19 mths when I started, but I think that most women start sooner, around 6-9 mths. It also depends on if you are exclusively breastfeeding. Usually women who eb, start later than women who supplement or begin solids early on.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 4:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• my dd was born in may, i breastfeed too and i hav yet to hav a normal cycle.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 5:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Our Doula said three days to two months after you stop breast feeding is when a cycle can return. Note: She cautioned that not having your cycle doesn't mean you can't get pregnant again (she was breast feeding only and became pregnant 4 months after delivery!)
    lalafreduu

Answer by lalafreduu at 7:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• First was 15 months and second was 14 months. I was also still nursing at that time. First nursed until 18 months and #2 is still going strong at 28 months. That does not mean you will be the same. All women are different and it also depends on how you feed and whether you cosleep, are a human pacifier, pump at work (I did with #2), when and how many solids they get etc. Check out www.kellymom.com for great breastfeeding info.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• 13 months.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• After child #1~3 1/2 wks post
    After child #2~4 mths post after I stopped taking the mini pill(was still breastfeeding)
    After child #3~6/7 wks
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• 4 1/2 months after my daughter was born. It has been completely normal and regular. I would like to note i BF only, i have no idea why my cycle started when it did...guess i'm just a breeder ;)
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 9:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have six kids and my cycle always came every month.I nursed my kids around the clock.I never got a break from my cycle.I was successful in not getting pregnant to soon.
    mommyx4plustwin

Answer by mommyx4plustwin at 10:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009