One reason I hate my job is because no one is willing to help out or show their appreciation... would you feel the same way?

My boss asked my to take over to the warehouse 5 10lb fire extinguishers (my co-worker helped me take them out)... so I did and replaced them with 1 20lb, 3 10lb and 1 5lb fire extinguisher. I got back to my place of work and made three trips into the building to bring them in. These were quite heavy and the girl sitting at the front desk didn't even offer to help... I had to hold the extinguishers against the wall outside and open the door. My boss didn't even say thank you for doing this. I am just upset right now.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Bosses don't have any obligation to say thank you...just to pay you on payday.
    As for the girl at the front desk not at least holding the door, that is sadly typical manners these days.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You're right... they're not obligated but it sure would be nice to know that they appreciate what you do for them... at least my last boss did and I guess that is why I had so much respect and appreciation for him.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think your boss should say thank you. Everyone wants to be appreciated.
    Anonymous

• Yep, the real world sucks. I don't expect a thank you even though it would be appreciated. I do expect a paycheck however:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I understand how you feel but you can't let it get you down. Keep on keeping on and be glad you have a job. Hope it gets better or you can just choose to try to be positive as you can.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009