i'm 13weeks and want to drink sodas

I want so bad to drink soda! I don't want to hurt the baby though. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• caffenine free
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• it wont hurt your baby. i just strongly suggest caffeine free sodas, gingerales, orange, grape. they are caffeine free! its almost worst for you while pregnant becaus eyou have a higher risk of gestational diabetes. Im an avid soda drinker (horrible i know) and i just dont drink as much while pregnant and when i do i opt for the caffeine free!! GL
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You can drink a soda or 2. It won't hurt the baby at all. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Soda won't hurt your baby, but it is just empty calories. That is why it's suggested to cut down on them. Same as any junk food.
    I wouldn't drink one of the diet sodas, but a regular one maybe once a week isn't going to make a huge difference. Drinking one everyday is too much, in my opinion.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• 1 or 2 cokes a day or coffee. drink sprite. I am a water drinker and for some reason I have been craving cokes while preg. I hardly ever drank them... so I def limit those. Its prob as the saying goes... you want something you cant have. ;)
    Anonymous

• as others have suggested drink non caffinated sodas but watch out some organce sodas have caffine. look at the labels. i just found out im preg and i love soda so im reading alot of labels
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I drank Diet Dr. Pepper while I was pregnant. My doctor said that 1 is okay a day.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Soda is ok to drink as long as you limit how much you drink. You may also want to get caffiene free soda.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• avoid it as much as you can but it's ok to give in every once in a while. i've been having a few a week. almost one a day. but i did get rid of all diets with aspartame!
    Anonymous

• i have drank pop the whole time. and this may make me sound bad but if everyone followed the "pregnancy rules" we would be eatin rice and walkin all damn day. nope. not me lol. and my baby is fine by the way.
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009