i'm thinking of giving my unborn child up for adoption

My husband and I are very poor these days and cannot afford a 3rd child. I want to give the baby away to a better family but don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Adoption

• Well, if you couldn't afford a third child, you should have used some protection...but what's done is done. If you can't give the child the life it deserves, then adoption is next best. Contact some local agencies in your area...they will tell you where to go from there.
    Anonymous

• Well ultimately no one can make that decision for you. If you honestly feel like you can do that and that its the best choice for your baby then you need to really sit down and think about it. Its going to be the hardest decision that you will ever have to make. Thoughts are with you whichever way you decide to go.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i don't know either, but you can call planned parenthood and they could help you or any church would probably help you. i'm proud of you for thinking about this option, there's many people out there that would love this prayer to be answered for them. it's very giving of you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Adoption is the ultimate gift of love; you will be betterin three lives.

www.cradle.org

Anonymous

• Everything happens for a reason and you never know what the future holds, you shouldn't give your baby away, you should keep your baby and be responsible! I'm preg. for the 2nd time in 2 years and am sooooo broke I can't even drive down the road but I know I won't always be in this place. Get a job tell hubby to get 2 you can do it with hard work!
    Anonymous

• You're baby is not a gift to give a family who cant have any babies. Please research the long term affects of adoption before you make this drastic choice.
    Anonymous

• "Well, if you couldn't afford a third child, you should have used some protection"

Sorry, you will get a few judgmental comments like this one. Some people just can't help judging others. You will also receive lots of "Adoption is the ultimate gift of love" comments that imply that adoption is a wonderful option. Few comments like these come from birth moms, but others who are not familiar with what it is like.

The truth is, for most of us birth moms, losing a child to adoption has been a lifelong sorrow. Thoroughly research all your options before making your decision. Visit the birthmom and other groups here on Cafemom. Go to the Evan B. Donaldson site and read about the consequences of adoption. Read Heather Lowe's booklet, "What I Wish I had Known about Adoption." I have a group for women who are pregnant and considering their options as well and you are invited to join.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 5:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

I think, maybe you are just down at the moment! Cheer up. Love and affection is PRICELESS!!

There are agencies out there that will help you until you and your hubby get back on your feet!

Good Luck Momma!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• "these days". These days will pass, adoption is forever. Don't let money be the reason you separate your children from each other or this child from it's family. You are the best family for this baby. Look for the help you need to make it through these tough times. Good luck.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I wish you the best of luck and hope that you're able to make the decision with wisdom and clarity together with your husband.

Adoption is awesome but isn't always the easy option that it may first appear.

Please don't make a permanent decision for a temporary problem.

If you really do feel adoption is the best decision for yourself, your husband and this baby, there are agencies and private attorneys and all sorts of different avenues. I certainly am not the best at advising what option is best because I've not gone this route. Either way - I wish you the best of luck!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009