Is coffee bad everyday?

Is 2 small cups of coffee bad for baby everyday? 8 oz cups.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant, I drank about 1 cup 8oz everyday. The doctors say to avoid caffeine but, it didn't hurt my son. Can you limit it to 1?

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• yea.. i want to try and cut it before she comes
    Anonymous

• When I was preganant with my last (he is 3yrs now) my doctor said that it was ok to have coffee, if I limited it to 2 cups a day. There is a coffee on the market (maybe maxwell house brand??) that has 1/2 the caffiene and still has good coffee flavor.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Folgers makes the 1/2 caff.
    Anonymous

• I think you can have up to 2 cups of coffee a day or 4 cans of pop.. something like that. You'll be fine. Just limit it when you can.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 5:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I drank one cup of coffee a day, but no sodas during my pregnancy. My son came three weeks early, but is perfectly healthy.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 5:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• my doc said 1 small cup, or 24 ounces caffinated soda. lots of doctors still say none at all, better to be safe than sorry.

i would definately try to limit it though. 2 cups everyday wuld be pushing it.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009