What is your view of women? How do you think they fit into society? How do you see them in comparison to men?

I am working on a paper for school. This year the topic is the differences between women and men in literature.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I see women as the "glue" that holds family and therefore society together.
    Anonymous

• Well....as written about in literature the picture may not be too pretty.

There is a saying though...."The handle that rocks the cradle rules the world." That being said, I believe that women play a vital role in dictating what is to come by how they raise their children.
    Anonymous

• I believe women are the part of the species who have the anatomy to carry children. I think that women have certain traits more often than men have them (and vice-versa) but it is debatable whether that is because of their genetics & anatomy or because of socialization. I think their place in society is the place they put themselves in, though some situations might be harder for them to attain than others due to cultural bias.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• These are "in general", as they do not apply to all:) That said, i believe women are the mentally stronger gender. We can multi-task better. we are more efficeint at getting things done. we read people better. I think this all comes from running a household. we can be more manipulative, hold grudges, and more judgemental (not good qualities).

One thing my mom taught me as an example of how we are mentally stronger and can be manipulative. When my mom wants something done around the house, she starts to do it in a fumbling way, then my dad with get it done. She does this after asking my dad repeatedly to do something!
    Anonymous

• Women are the creators.
    We are just as important in the grand scheme of things as men are.
    Both are needed for life and balance.
    Men do some things better than women and vice versa. I couldnt honestly put us on equal ground simply because we have strengths that vary so the ground isnt really level to start with imho.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree wiith Amaranth

And it is not just women who raise children. Now a-day's it's there are more single fathers, and grandparents and aunts or uncles or other distant relatives raising children. Our families are more blended then ever before.

Women are creators but something has to plant that seed. Men and women are equal with different strengths and weaknesses.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think women are stronger and smarter than men. We can be on our own and don't need someone else to take care of us.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I like all of these answers and agree with each one. Men and women have different strengths and weaknesses for different reasons (biological, social, cultural, etc.) I think the best comes from embracing those differences and working with them rather than denying them and working against them which of course isn't always easy!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Traditionally, women are seen as the "homemakers", as objects and tools meant to raise the children, cook the food, and clean the house. As recently as the past 100 years (which isn't that long at all considering how long humans have been around), we've overcome our traditional stereotypes and have began standing up for ourselves and our rightful places alongside our male counterparts. We are every bit as smart and as strong as men are, if not stronger because we have the biological capability of bearing children. Unfortunately, I also think women can be some of the most heartless, callous, hateful individuals. We tend to carry grudges and chips on our shoulders for much longer than men. We know how to cut someone to the quick, and we think quicker on our toes and know how to use our bodies to our advantage.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think that you have two different topics of discussion for you paper. Either you want the opinion of women on women status of todays society, or you want our opinion of the differences of the sexes in literature. Then you'd need to specify what liturature timeline you'd like to focus on.
    Anonymous