What's your favorite cake recipie? My son's Birthday coming up i need a good one!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• happy birthdayIt's the one on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. Amazingly moist and doesn't even need icing. I sometimes just sprinkle powdered sugar on it.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I make a boxed yellow cake mix and drop chocolate chips in the batter. Then when the cake has cooled, I make chocolate frosting from powdered sugar, a little butter, vanilla, hershey's cocoa, a little warm water, and beat until well blended. I also put a washed "lucky quarter" in the cake. The person who is served the lucky quarter is to have good luck. (Actually he or she is lucky because they now have a quarter, but my sons loved the game.)

Answer by Bmat at 5:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Lemon Yogurt Tea Cake (from Sweet Savvy, where my favorite treats originate)
    1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
    1 1/3 cups powdered unrefined cane sugar (sold as "organic powdered sugar"), divided
    3 extra large eggs
    2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
    1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Grease and flour a standard loaf pan.
    Put the flour, baking powder and salt into one bowl.
    Put the yogurt, 1 cup unrefined cane sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla in another bowl and whisk together.
    Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until blended.
    With a rubber spatula, fold the oil into the batter until it is all incorporated.
    Pour the batter into the prepared pan

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a test skewer comes out clean and the cake is browned on top.
    While the cake is baking, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 1/3 cupunrefined cane sugar , until the sweetener is dissolved. Set aside.
    Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for ten minutes.
    Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving plate.
    Pour the sweetened lemon juice slowly over the cake, allowing it to soak in.
    Slice and serve warm or cold. Nice with whipped cream and fresh fruits.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2009